maanantai 28. maaliskuuta 2011

Gran Delicato -k.

I arrived earlier than she did
And sat down at a table in the back.
I started to read some Sartre,
Trying to look all smart.

"Nothing new."
Oh, Roquentin, I smiled,
what do you know.

The afternoon sunlight came in sharp through the window
At Gran Delicato,
Highlighting a few Greek signs on the wall.

I couldn't pay attention;
Signs, sounds, all so useless at this point.
I could only gaze at the front door,
waiting for her to come.

My racing heart and me,
Two sips of coffee to slow me down.


And then,
There she was.
Walking in slowly,
Angel-like.

I think my legs were shaking,
And I don't blame the coffee.

She laid off her scarf,
I rubbed off the sweat of my palms.

We talked. Talked. Love!
Sips of coffee to slow me down,
Hoping I could slow down time.

This moment, this feeling -
It was all so new.

We smiled.






-k

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti